February 24, 2010

On the fifth day...



I think I have said the word "sweet" more over the past few days than the sum total of my whole life! It is just the most natural word to describe little Jaden. Jaden is also called: Little Jade, Little Sister, Baby Jade, J-Bug (from Chad), and J-bop (from Jennie).



Today was a "sweet" day...and so simple. It was another day of holding her all day. We do not even use the crib/changing table for her to sleep in when we are there, she is just in our arms all the time.




We enjoy the most simple aspects of her...like most parents of newborns. For example, whether she is sleeping or eating she is always "purring." Here is a brief clip...of her constant sound of contentment:



It is just the best feeling to have her near, as we know time with JUST her is coming to an end...as we soon bring her home. Which, just that expression alone, "bring her home" is one we, just today started to use. Each day we make the drive to Denver we pray aloud, and today we thanked the Lord for the gift of today, and asked for another gift of tomorrow with Jaden. There certainly was a time in this process that we did not know if tomorrow with Jade was going to happen...which is just so hard to even type. There is talk about bringing her home, and preparing our car seat for the ride home, and signing discharge papers over the next few days. We can hardly believe it...AND yet it still feels a bit presumptuous to even think this might happen in a few days!!! A miracle. She is a miracle.

Aside from holding and loving on her all day we are continuing to hear how well she is doing. There were multiple times today that the Dr. and Nurse caring for her, questioned why she needed to be in the NICU until Saturday, because she is doing so well. There is protocal with her specific treatment as to when she can be discharged...but to hear the medical team remark with such confidence on her stability is a wonderful sign to hear, not matter when we get to "take her home."

Also, they have bumped up her MRI to tomorrow, instead of Friday. This is a test we have been waiting for and are very glad we can do it tomorrow, and hopefully get results back tomorrow. Please pray for the procedure to go well, and for us to trust the Lord for the results and what is found. Of course we ask that you pray with us for a healthy and clean MRI, oh that would be wonderful. The Lord's will be done.



On a personal note, I was reading a devotional this morning and came across a phrase that has lingered all day long: HELP YOURSELF. The notion was that we are to live our lives inviting God to HELP HIMSELF to any part of us. I'd like to say that I place God first and that nothing competes with my allegiance and love for Him. However, I would be fooling myself to think I can honestly say such a thing. Five days ago, I realized at a whole new and real level that I really say "Help yourself to my life, but please do not touch baby Jaden (or Chad and Rylie, for that matter.)" I know He loves my love for her, and wants my love for her to only grow and grow and grow. At the same time, He asks me to love Him even more. HELP YOURSELF. This short statement will be something that I will strive to live by, and take an eternity to discover.