August 26, 2009
August 21, 2009
Here is one of our more favorite video's of Rylie lately. Here she is playing her first game of Duck, Duck Goose at Taite's birthday party. We were in awe that Rylie sat still. And we were even more impressed when she actually caught onto the game... kinda! As the game was coming to a close, she took matters into her own hands and got up for a surprize run at it. She wsa not ready for it to be done! That's our girl! Always looking for fun!
We are not sure where got this one, but Rylie says the phrase, "Spicy Mamma" all the time. It is quite hilarious. It still makes us laugh every time. We captured a bit on film...and you may also realize she has a lot of energy. At least we have an idea where she got that from! From her Spicy Mamma! Ha!
Too the reception was at the beautiful Hudson Gardens...so of course dad could not miss a chance to capture a few shots of his little girl!
1. Tatoos (Rylie's first!), of which she was not that into,
2. Duck, Duck Goose (Rylie's first) - which we could not believe she remained seated and caught on...kinda, (see the video in the other blog, it is hilarious!)
3. A pinyata (Rylie's first),
4. Cake (Rylie's first), as she did not touch her 1 year old birthday cake...but certainly gobbled up every bite of this one!
Rylie had fun playing with all the big kids. Thank you for such a fun party. We cannot wait until next year! Happy Birthday Taite!
August 13, 2009
1. Upon sitting down for a nice dinner at The Kitchen, Ryan and Erin came walking in, after flying in from DC for a surprize visit! So great!!!
2. After a delicious dinner, we all headed back to the Potter's home for champaign and dessert on the deck. It was a BEAUTIFUL time spent toasting, sharing memories, and giving them a scrapbook full of letters and pictures from dear friends and family. Boy are they loved!
3. We then played a rousing game of Family Fued, which had all of the categories surrounding their life, family, and love. Lots of laughing and poking fun for sure.
What a sweet time, what a sweet family, what a sweet marriage! We love you guys!!!!
One of our final nights together, we all headed to the Boulder County Fair. The reason we like to go, is for the Rodeo! We went last year...and were looking forward to this year, when Rylie could take her turn in the Stick Horse Races!!! The Fair invites all young children out to the horse arena, where they give them FREE stick horses, and conduct a chaotic race. Rylie was in the 2 and under division...of which I think she was the youngest contestant. Needless to say, SHE LOVED IT, and after she reached the finish line and got her ribbon, she kept on saying "more, more." At one point in the race (which is video'd below) the Rodeo Fair Queen, came and helped Rylie cross the finish line. Her first encounter with a celebrity...kinda! :)
The four of them hiked over 40 miles, with 40 pound packs, in high altitude conditions, over a week long stretch. They caught LOTS of fish, and saw incredible vistas, lakes, and valleys all around. In fact, they were so far "away" that cell-phones were of no use. The weather was beautiful, the masquitoes for plentiful...and I believe many aspects of this trip were a taste of heaven for these four. I am sure another trip is in the making. We are so glad they got home safe and sound...and had a great time!