September 03, 2010

"A Weekend with my Besties"



I could not have said it any better. Here is a bit about my last weekend, from the viewpoint of Amy...

"One of the highlights of every year is getting to see my close friends from college when we meet up somewhere around the country for a girls weekend. We have been traveling together every year since when we first met in March 1993. We've been to Jamaica, Kauai, Disneyland, Boulder, San Francisco, Tahoe, Whistler, San Juan Islands, Seattle, Gearhart (OR), Washington DC, Huntington Lake (CA), Sea Ranch (CA), Mexican Cruise, and Camano Island. Wow, what a list! Last year we had all the families together in Seattle with our 7 children. We had another little one added to the list - Dana had baby Esme back in June and Jennie had Jaden in February.

We were all tied together when we met on a Spring Break mission trip/service project in Jamaica through our church college ministry, The Inn. And ever since we have been writing a monthly letter to each other between June 1993 and now...that is for 17 years....totalling 204 letters! We check in each month to share about how we are doing and ways to keep each other accountable across the three states we currently live in - Washington, California and Colorado. They are such a blessing in my life and it was so wonderful to get to spend time together again this year."

Here we are on Mercer Island in Washington state...a home on the water. (A-Rod rented this home out for a season or two! Nice accommodations. Thank you Auntie Julie! (Court's Aunt)

Here is child #10 in our group...due in Feb!



Here is the newest addition, Dana's adorable baby Esme. I was addicted to her the minute I saw her...




Even though we talked about them A LOT, we really were kid-free for the majority of the weekend, but Amy's and Dana's came for a visit. So fun to see them...



Here is where we lingered for HOURS talking away on our dock. Mt Rainier was in the distance. BEAUTIFUL. There is truly no place like Washington, WHEN it is sunny. Breathtaking.



Of course we had to hit it for a night on the town. Ladies night. A total gift.





I love time with you four. You truly water my roots, to be more fully who Christ made me to be. I think I can say that for each of us. Thank you for the gift of "us."