February 21, 2008

"Meet the (grand)parents"

Rylie's grandma and grandpa Walker came for a visit. What a gift it was to have their presence. They did not let us cook or clean...and Chad and I even got to go out on three "dates" over the 10 days they were here.


I have decided that my mom cannot hold Rylie without singing or talking in a really high-pitched voice. Yet, what else would you expect from her, when she is holding her first grandbaby!


My dad has a special power...he can get Rylie to fall into a deep sleep so well. I have memories of falling aspleep on his lap as a little girl and now Rylie get's too, too. So sweet!


We also had a great evening together; the Walkers and the Flete's. All grandparents were present and even cousin Taite!


My mom and dad gifted us an incredible "all terrain" stroller, which we used for the first time when they were here. Have you ever seen four adults walking one baby? That happened this weekend, too. Special times in deed.